Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Post - Mech Design Breakdown.

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Giampietro triangle
New to the website, and first time posting. 

I developed this piece last weekend with the intent that it could be interpreted into 3D, I would love critique and other designer opinions. Thanks for the replies! No photobashing, painted in Photoshop. 

Replies

• Harley94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harley94 polycounter lvl 2
    Your mech has a nice, easy-to-read shape, and I really appreciate your willingness to give a plethora of information to 3D artists; that is going to be VERY valuable on a team! I worry that the information on here isn't consistent enough right now: the wires don't carry over to the other views, the legs aren't consistently constructed, and the scale model next to the mech doesn't match up with the size of the cockpit (going by the scale model, the two co-pilots on the bottom right are pixie-sized). When you make all of the views, details, and call-outs match up, I think this design should read far more easily to someone working off of this in a 3-D modeling program. Keep it up!
  • YiKai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YiKai polycounter lvl 5
    I really like the artwork. This drawing are super informative and clean.  Keep it up!
    I'm not a professional, so I think I may not give great feedback. First thing I think you can improve is the light and shadow, right now it feels like spotlights are shinning from every angles. Another thing is the Scale, I think the two operators Interior view scale is not consistent with your other views. Other than that, I think is excellent ! :)