Home Adobe Substance

Artifacting in base color maps

null
Offline / Send Message
issamask null
Hi all,

I have been running into a couple issues whenever I export my textures, and it appears to only affect my base color maps. 

I have exported a few different versions and all of them will export some maps that:

1: show a dark box in the top right corner. 
2. darken all the colors.

I have tried exporting only the base colors maps with different padding settings and as different filetypes (exr, tif, targa) and all have similar results.

It seems to be inconsistent as sometimes it will create these issues to some of the UDIMs and not others, but there are a few of them that will always export  this way.

I have uploaded some screenshots showing what is happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

before exporting

after exporting

good Map (correct Colors) - no Viewport Change

Dark Corner Map (correct Colors) - viewport Change

all Dark Map (incorrect Colors) - viewport Change

all Dark Map (incorrect Colors) - partial Viewport Change

Replies

• Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    I see you're using GTX960M and has lots of UDIMs, my first guess would be gpu memory not enough to handle that much of information. Also are you working on a laptop? any chance to have someone with better graphic card on desktop, preferably 1070 or 1080 to test the scene? for now though you can test to turn off all layers and turn back on 1 by 1 and see which one that cause this issue.
  • issamask
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    issamask null
    Hmm...that is a good point. yes I am working on a laptop which has been working fine until this started happening. I will have someone else with a better rig test my scene and hopefully this will solve the issues with the exported maps.

I've looked through my scene and have pinpointed the color shift in the viewport to two layers that if i turn on and off will correct this shift, but only in the viewport. This will not fix any of the issues with the exported maps.

Thanks for replying!
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Is it a layer with a procedural fill triplanar projection on it that causing problem? I've had a problem with it before but haven't noticed any with the recent newer version, slightly different issue then yours, what I had before was it turns my normal map completely black on some of the uv island and when I change the triplanar tiling the black uv island move to another random island.
  • issamask
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    issamask null
    Nah, none of the layers that seem to be affecting are procedural fill triplanar projection. Something else to keep in in mind though. TY!
  • Taylor Brown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Taylor Brown ngon master
    I had this bug occurring on a recent project. My texture sets were at 2k in the view port and I was exporting 4k maps. As soon as I set the view port to 4k and exported, the discoloration in the corner went away. 
  • issamask
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    issamask null
    I gave this a shot. Changed all my texture sets to be 4k in the view port and exported at 4k. This fixed the color shift that happens in the view port after exporting, but that discoloration in the corner still shows up in my exported maps.