Home Career & Education

Asset sales in December

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Zack Maxwell interpolator
This is directed toward anyone selling artist assets in places like Gumroad/Cubebrush/ArtStation like myself.
Has anyone noticed a trend of sales dropping significantly in December or around Christmas?
My sales weren’t large enough to be worth closely examining in the past, but I’ve been watching them closely this year.
I’ve been doing very well for several months now, but last week my sales dried up dramatically compared to before. Easily a reduction of over 70%.
Over this length of time as well, it doesn’t seem coincidental.

Replies

• Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    There is usually a drop in sales during holidays with a family gathering focus, also there was a lot of sales going on during black friday, cyber monday, so if you were not having a sale people might just have gone for the products that were on sale instead. But overall there is usually a boost in sales during winter, since people tend to stay inside more.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Thanks, that’s good to know. I’d been examining everything I did recently that might have caused it, and couldn’t think of anything.
    The dip would be deeply concerning if it didn’t recover as well, so I was hoping it was a holiday thing.
    As you say I probably should have participated in Cyber Monday, even if it was only a small discount.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    I don't know how many products you are selling, but the less products you sell the more the day to day sales will defer, and small changes to the marketplace such as newly released similar products etc will impact your sales average.