Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter Baking - Weird Triangle Artefacts

Xlay3D
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Xlay3D null
Hi guys!

I'm having some problems when i bake my high poly mesh into my low poly with substance. I'm getting really weird artefacts :/
Im really new in 3d world and i need help.
I'm using the smooth shading in blender (i learned the tip, and it get better result,)

I post my images

THANKS FOR THE HELP 

HIGH POLY 

LOW POLY

LOW POLY UV

RESULTS :d

CONFIG

Replies

• Xlay3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xlay3D null
    Okey guys! i've just dealed with the triangles
    Solution was to add Hard edges on the uv splits... but now i have another problem...
    Maybe im too perfectionist but, now u can see the UV split when bake

There is a way to avoid that?

Thanks!
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    edge padding, and make sure that the UV islands are rotated so the "Cuts" are faced to eachother
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Do the above, and then If you're going to be close enough for the seam to be an issue you need to put the bevel in geometry instead 
  • Xlay3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xlay3D null
    wirrexx said:
    edge padding, and make sure that the UV islands are rotated so the "Cuts" are faced to eachother
    Hi, thanks to reply! I have padding activated i think (called dilatation width in substance?)
    What do u mean by rotating the UV islands?

poopipe said:
    Do the above, and then If you're going to be close enough for the seam to be an issue you need to put the bevel in geometry instead 
    I tried to make bevels but didnt work, seams still visible.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Read the sticky threads about normal baking In technical talk, this stuff is covered in great detail, will explain why you're seeing the issues you're seeing and give you ways to resolve them.

• wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Xlay3D said:
    wirrexx said:
    Hi, thanks to reply! I have padding activated i think (called dilatation width in substance?)
    What do u mean by rotating the UV islands?

poopipe said:
    I tried to make bevels but didnt work, seams still visible.
    yes dilations, set it to 6 or 8. And see if that helps. Triangulate your mesh and export as FBX