Home Marmoset

Toolbag Scene huge file size.

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Michalo polycounter lvl 2
Hi,

I exported my scene as a Scene Bundle, so every asset is saved within it as a single file and still my .TBSCENE is almos 2 GB + 600 mb of asset.
How's that? It's tbsky taking so much space? I thought everything is red from HD.
Is there a way to deal with it and make tbscene smaller?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Michalo said:
    Hi,

I exported my scene as a Scene Bundle, so every asset is saved within it as a single file and still my .TBSCENE is almos 2 GB + 600 mb of asset.
    How's that? It's tbsky taking so much space? I thought everything is red from HD.
    Is there a way to deal with it and make tbscene smaller?

If you have a 2GB .tbscene file it is most likely due to the mesh data. The mesh data is saved directly into the scene file, which makes a lot of operations (rendering, baking) faster. Toolbag uses external references to meshes for auto-reloading, but only loads the file on disk if a change has been detected.

Texture files a referenced externally, so those will not make the .tbscene larger.

Skies are saved in the .tbscene if it is a custom sky. If you're using one of the default skies it will reference it from the install data. Sky data can be about 200mb at max resolution (8x4k).
  • Michalo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Michalo polycounter lvl 2
    Ok I got it. Thanks!