Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A completely innocent Drone -Warhammer 40k Universe

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
RipNic polycounter lvl 13

Hi folks.
Here is some updates on my "completely innocent drone" set in the Warhammer 40k Universe.
In terms of visual I was thinking on something towards Overwatch. Stylized.

I found this guy online some time ago and I fell in love in it, and I am also a big fan of the Warhammer 40k universe so I felt I needed to do this.
The concept artist is unknown and I also chose to have some creativity freedom during this process.

There are a few things that is not shown in the image such as the design on the big cables etc ,this is more or less a high quality preview sculpt render on how it will look int the end.

I have each object set up so I can work on it more smoothly later on but for now I just wanted to gather them all up to have a complete model to render.

Questions and C&C is always welcome :)

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Looks super cool!
  • RipNic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Folks.
    A thought occurred yesterday when I began uv mapping the drone.I am wondering how to best break down the drone into UV maps. The visual style I'm going for is more towards Overwatch.

I took the drone and the antenna and did a quick UV mapping using a fixed Pixel value.
    As you can see the UV map feels kinda cluttered and there is a lot of various parts that will receive little to no baking information.

I thought to ask you how you would UV map this drone and all the necessary stuff that he has.
    (the cables for example I tend to utilize a striped area there I place all the cables, instead of giving them unique areas.

//Cheers

• RipNic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi folks . Sorry for the delay in updates. 
    Been focusing on work a bit and worked on the drone when I had the chance, but in the rumble forgot to pay attention to posting updates.

I have found out that his name is spot the wonder drone 2.0 and here is a simple render of the baked model ( AO + Normal  only)
    Planning to begin the texturing process this weekend. 

Cheers
    Chris.
  • RipNic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

With this images I am calling this drone now complete :smile:
    It has been a interesting and fun project.
  • Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    this is amazing!!!! love it!