Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Medieval weapons n stuff

triangle
Offline / Send Message
KJKallio triangle
Hi, my first post on this board here. As a quick intro, i am an AD working in gaming industry, with background in illustration, however lost the spark towards 2D art almost completely, so im switching over to 3D modeling, how permanently i dont know, but im already addicted. Been learning Modo for just about a month now, substance painter even less. Im a huge fan of anything medieval, so i thought it would be a great idea to start off with making simple assets in accordance to the theme. My intentions are to learn the asset pipeline completely for game production, so all of this is eventually going to UE4 engine, when i get around to learn it :P

First few weapons i made, before i learned how to properly bake in normals, geometry and proportions were pretty bad

Got some crucial advice on normal baking and made this longsword couple days ago, as well as redoing the cavalry axe from the previous picture, as its one of my all time favorite weapon designs
Now im working on an anvil setup i started as my first 3D hardsurface project, a lot of it had to be remade completely due to broken and bad geometry, the wooden block is a placeholder, going to sculpt it in zbrush and baking in the normals from that

Replies