Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

2018 Reel

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
After plenty of feedback from so many awesome people I am happy to release my 2018 Reel into the wild. Could have spent another 6 months tweaking, removing and adding content however we are nearing the end of 2018 and its time to focus forward to the 2019 reel! 

As always critique is appreciated, compliments are welcomed and comments are awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VAp1c7-Nw0

Replies

• BrandonBerryCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrandonBerryCG polycounter lvl 6

It's looking pretty good @Rmunday ! As for critique, I would touch up the cane run cycle. Its a neat idea, but I think you need to adjust the center of gravity during the leap forward. Also, at first I was convinced that his left foot was floating down on contact, but I now realize its supposed to be the bad leg. I could just be me, but you may want to exaggerate the bad leg a little more so that its read a little more clearly.

I really like the combo animations in unreal!  It's a nice touch that lets people know that you are familiar with the pipeline.

Good work, looking forward to see where you go!  

• Rmunday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rmunday polycounter lvl 9
    @BrandonBerryCG Thank you so much for the kind words, and I totally agree with the Critique as well, I have spent so long on this reel I think I may let it sit for now and focus my attentions on up coming work for the new reel! To be honest I was expecting much more critique but I am glad most of the work sits well in the reel.

It really had fun doing those combos, it was for a client and he was thrilled with how it turned out. Making attacks be so responsive meant cutting so much off the anticipations and follow through but its punchy as hell! 
  • BrandonBerryCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrandonBerryCG polycounter lvl 6

@RmundayI know the feeling! Sometimes its easier (and faster) to just apply it to your next project than go back and rework old projects. I wouldn't feel bad about the lack of critique, I think its partly because its a holiday week for some folks and maybe a slow time in general for the animation forum. I could give you a bit more critique if you would like, but I'm not a professional yet, so I may not know what I'm talking about. :D

Yeah, you definitely nailed the timing on them. I bet seeing your work come together in Unreal was pretty amazing!