Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Finished] Sorcerer Character

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
akiratang polycounter lvl 11
Looking through some of my olders models, this girl i did last year i am gonna try finish her. Probably would've been better to do this during the Halloween holidays since she also looks like a Witch but whatever , better late than never I guess!

Her design I took many inspirations online, mainly from Zeronis and Hazardous references.  

I think I am gonna try hand paint her since i have never done that before so i should learn something from it.

The high poly im gonna say is done for now, and i will move onto the retopo. Dont wanna spend too much time as i also want to partake in the Artwar in Cubebrush too :persevere: . I will try keep it updated. 

Replies

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Got her Retopped, Shes a little more dense then I would like but will leave it for now to get a cleaner bake. Will probably try get her below 13k tris, there is alot of edge loops i can delete and some faces that wont be seen. 
  • Dethling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dethling polycounter lvl 11
    I really like your sculpt, but I think the anatomy is a little of. The legs are really long and thin compared to the rest. Also you have not much topology in the joints, so it would get hard to animate the character (if you want to do it). 
  • akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks,
    Yea I wanted her tall abit like bayonetta-esque, she's somewhat of a dark elf but I can probably shorten the legs or increase the head size to be abit better proportioned.

Topology, when I get to optimising her abit more later I'll add those loops 👍
  • akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the slow update, been busy (mainly playing Spiderman tho lol)

This is my first pass on a rough handpainted texture i am going for. This is a render from inside Marmoset and still WiP as mentioned but want to give you a visual on the colours for this character. Initially I wanted a purple-ish skin tone but I found that it was harder to match colours to, and since I wanted the clothing to be mostly purple it might have been too much. 

After I get more of the cleanup and colours done I will move onto the shadow and highlights which I havent touched on yet. Thinking about making a base for her.. but i'll see how it goes and need to get onto texturing her staff as well.

This is my first handpainted style character so I've learned alot from it which is a plus. Any crits or tips welcomed.

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been slow update but nearing done. In hindsight I probably should have made like an orb thing for the top of the staff, but it'll do for now.
    Will probably make a base of some sort and pose her later this weekend hopefully :)

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just about finished her! 
    Just taking screenshots and trying to present her better.

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The above post was what I initially went for, a hand painted style character with unlit textures,and It being my first hand painted character i learned alot from creating her. Mainly using software like 3D Coat for the first time.

Shes about 14k Tris total including the base. I used mainly zbrush for sculpting. topogun to retop, 3DS max to unwrap,substance to bake and rendered in Marmoset. 

These images were me adding more maps to see what she looks like , its not a PBR character as I didnt intend it that way but I added a normal and spec map, in-addition to being able to be affected by lights. I probably like this version more but I hope you guys like it!

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just adding a final presentation construction sheet.
    Onto the next project :)