Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Demo Reel Feedback [THE PURGE EDITION]

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
BrandonBerryCG polycounter lvl 4
So I'm currently trying to rebuild my demo reel now that I'm getting more than a handful of animation projects under my belt. I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on what I should keep, touch up, clip, or PURGE.  I am worried that I'm biased and I don't want to let work go.   

The intention of my new reel will be to send to game studios for an entry-level position (AAA to Indie). Am I at that level yet? I won't be able to work on my next project until probably December because I took a freelance editing job for a couple weeks on top of my other full-time non-industry job. So I was hoping to apply to a couple of places while I was focused on that. 

So if you get a free moment, would you guys please look over my portfolio and give me your vote on what I should with each piece?  My clips are very short, so it shouldn't take too long. Here is what my current intention looks like:

Also, is it in bad taste to have League of Legend's Summoner's Rift environment for the fox character? It really made me happy to see him running around and swinging his sword in the Rift, but I can cut it if it will hurt my chances. 

Thank you all for any feedback and critique you can give me. I'm even open to suggestions on what my next project should be! I was either going to do a complete character from scratch and import it and animations into Unreal OR I'm just going to make some cycles of some attacks because I learned quite a lot on my last two projects! 

Replies