Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Feedback - Walk_Cycle

Gewarzed
null
Offline / Send Message
Gewarzed null
Hi everyone !

So I'm new here and this is my first post ! I would like to get some feedback on this little Walk cycle I've made, I feel like something is wrong but I can't say what ! 

Thanks for you time and have a nice day !

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/a91b03a987ce/

Replies

• BrandonBerryCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrandonBerryCG polycounter lvl 6
    Hi Gewarzed, welcome to the animation forums! I'm liking the secondary action that the cigar brings to the cycle. It gives him some pretty solid appeal. 

Some problems I noticed pretty quickly would be to check the curves on your feet sliding. They look possibly splined, it should look pretty close to linear while the foot is in contact with the floor. Also, his left wrist rotation at 55-60ish can be smoothed out a bit before the hand is brought back up. 

Also, there seems to be little to no rotation in the hips and it looks like there is a bit of knee popping on the left leg. Coincidentally adding hip movement can help with that.  

Also, you may need to offset or add some followthrough on the head, it's feeling pretty stiff. But he seems like the stiff type of character, so I would keep it minimal. 

Thats all I can see immediately from that particular angle. If you upload a front and side view it can help with finding the more nuanced problems. It looks good though! Good work so far!
  • Gewarzed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gewarzed null
    Hi @BrandonBerryCG ,

Thanks for your quick answer and your feedback,
    I could have make some improvements, I've tried to move the hips more and I fixed the foot sliding. 
    I also tried to make the head more stable but I feel like I still need to make arms smoother. 
    I've put another playblast with the 3 views this time ! 

Let me know if you see anything else that can improve this work !

Thanks again

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/a91b03a987ce/