Home General Discussion

Can't login with Twitter anymore

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Bramski polycounter lvl 5
Hello,

For some reason, I can't log in to my main account anymore with Twitter. 
As soon as I authorize Polycount to my Twitter, a new page loads and after 1 or 2 seconds it sends me back to the page where I have to authorize the application again. I'm really confused since I uploaded a lot of progress in that account and I would like to access it once more. The GIF looks like it loops but I clicked the button 3 times in a row before I ended recording. 

If someone knows how to solve this problem, please post a comment below.

My main account: https://polycount.com/profile/discussions/BramZ

Kind regards,
Bram Z

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you tried logging into Twitter separately, without going through Polycount?
  • Bramski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you tried logging into Twitter separately, without going through Polycount?
    Not sure if I follow you here, I'm already logged in to Twitter. But for some reason, it won't link Polycount to it anymore. I also deleted all my cookies and disconnected Polycount from my Twitter and tried it again from there but still no results :/.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah OK. I'm able to duplicate the problem. Looking into a solution, will let you know what we find.

1. Sign out at Polycount.
    2. Click the Sign In button, and choose Sign In With Twitter.
    3. "Authorize Polycount's Twitter auth to use your account?" = Authorize App.
    4. It redirects me back to the same page. It does not authorize the app, but it should!

In the meantime, you should still be able to use the Twitter button at bottom right to post a tweet.
  • Bramski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah OK. I'm able to duplicate the problem. Looking into a solution, will let you know what we find.

1. Sign out at Polycount.
    2. Click the Sign In button, and choose Sign In With Twitter.
    3. "Authorize Polycount's Twitter auth to use your account?" = Authorize App.
    4. It redirects me back to the same page. It does not authorize the app, but it should!

In the meantime, you should still be able to use the Twitter button at bottom right to post a tweet.
    Thanks! But I just want to log into my main account again haha. Thanks for looking into it and I'm looking forward to hearing from you if you have any solution to the problem :)