Home Unity

How to bake almost perfect lightmap?

node
Offline / Send Message
xxwlzfb node
I want bake a scene that make it look better as well as dynamic light same scene.
But, the result of baked scene is too different and inconsistent to I can't use it and must to adjust so many properties of lights.
Have any good way to bake a almost perfect lightmap? Or It is have some better processing pipeline recommend to me?
Thinks everyone.

Replies

• CrackRockSteady
    Getting good results when baking lightmaps is dependent on about a thousand different factors, so without knowing more specific information about your scene and the issues you are having it's difficult to say.  This is like asking "how do i make a perfect model?".

I'd suggest posting some images to illustrate what sorts of problems you are having and what your scene is composed of.

Edit - Also maybe post a screenshot of your bake settings in Unity
  • xxwlzfb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xxwlzfb node
    I'm so sorry. 
    Just like this picture.The left is baked, the right is dynamic. Right is more nature than left of color transition / fade.

I use 2 point lights to simulate this transition / fade, but it is not my expectd result.

• CrackRockSteady
    Can you show your light and lightmap settings?  There are a lot of things that can affect how the bake looks.
  • RyanB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check that your shaders are using lightmaps.  Looks vertex lit to me, I don't see any baked shadows.
    Check that your lights are casting shadows.
    Check that your meshes have lightmap UVs.
    Check that your objects are tagged as static.

Suggested settings when starting out
    Lighting tab -> Lightmapping Settings -> Indirect Resolution = 0.2 or similar value to speed up calculation time.
    Lighting tab -> Lightmapping Settings -> Lightmap Parameters = Low

Lighting tab -> Lightmapping Settings -> Lightmap Size :  Looking at your scene, you are probably looking for detailed shadows on the ground.  For that, I would set the lightmap size to 1024 or 2048,
    set the size multiplier for the ground to 1, and everything else to 0.125 or lower values.  Put the resolution where people will notice it.

There's dozens of other settings but the main thing is make sure lightmapping is working on your models.

Good tutorial on lighting optimization

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like the lightmap resolution is too low to represent the falloff. What does the lightmap checkerboard display look like?

Possibly you also have inconsistent lightmap texel scale.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/graphics/fine-tuning-lightmap-parameters
  • xxwlzfb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xxwlzfb node
    RyanB said:
    Check that your shaders are using lightmaps.  Looks vertex lit to me, I don't see any baked shadows.
    Check that your lights are casting shadows.
    Check that your meshes have lightmap UVs.
    Check that your objects are tagged as static.

Suggested settings when starting out
    Lighting tab -> Lightmapping Settings -> Indirect Resolution = 0.2 or similar value to speed up calculation time.
    Lighting tab -> Lightmapping Settings -> Lightmap Parameters = Low

Lighting tab -> Lightmapping Settings -> Lightmap Size :  Looking at your scene, you are probably looking for detailed shadows on the ground.  For that, I would set the lightmap size to 1024 or 2048,
    set the size multiplier for the ground to 1, and everything else to 0.125 or lower values.  Put the resolution where people will notice it.

There's dozens of other settings but the main thing is make sure lightmapping is working on your models.

Good tutorial on lighting optimization

Looks like the lightmap resolution is too low to represent the falloff. What does the lightmap checkerboard display look like?

Possibly you also have inconsistent lightmap texel scale.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/graphics/fine-tuning-lightmap-parameters
    Think u all. It is my mistakes that not focuse on Unity tutorials. It is pretty helpful for me!