Home Career & Education

Library of models/materials should consist of?

null
Offline / Send Message
Skov null
as a (character, environment, fx, rigging, animation) artist what should my library of models/materials/tutorials consist of please share your ideas and or what you have in your own.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I have a dropbox folder that I organize to my needs.  I've set it up in a way that helps me navigate it quickly in terms of the items I usually try to find when I am working.

Is that what you mean?
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Your library should consist of whatever you've created, or whatever you need to do your art, yeah? The only library of stuff I have is materials I've created, but honestly, I just create new materials whenever I'm texturing.
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Memory is cheap, be a hoarder. 

I've got entire games worth of content on my hard drive. So much free stuff available, just grab stuff whenever you see it. You may have no need for a bunch of random props from some FPS, but maybe some of those props consist of some shapes that you can use to get started from to save time. Also some stuff I have just to study. Maybe I am wondering about how much geometry goes into a certain type of clothing, so I go to a couple different games and look at their characters to get a general idea how they did it.