Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Dark Elf Cleric - EverQuest Redeux

jpacinelli
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
jpacinelli polycounter lvl 3
First post on Polycount, been a lurking for a couple of years. I'm currently trying to break into the game industry, preferably as a prop artist and move into a character artist role when I've earned my chops. I decided to start a project remaking characters from the original EverQuest franchise ("EQ Redeux", if you will), which is what got me gaming as a kid. The goal is to create several iconic race/class combos, with the hope of improving with each model that I create. Unfortunately, I work in an industry that is nowhere near the art industry and consumes most of my waking hours, plus I have a young family which means my time is limited and updates will be slow. 

Dark Elf - Cleric:
This is where I am at so far, the base sculpt is complete, retopologized, UV'd, and I'm just starting to texture her skin. I have not started on the hair. This character will be armored, which is why little attention has been given to some areas like the feet and hand details. The character will also have a helmet with her hair pulled through at the top. I would love any C&C that anyone can offer. Thank you for looking!

And here is a rough reference from in-game that I'm working on. Probably goes without saying, but the armor is going to be interpretive more than an upscaled likeness.