Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Weirdo Tribal Creature

artofjuanvilleda
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
artofjuanvilleda polycounter lvl 4
Just a random weirdo creature as my first post here haha, this is the farthest i've ever taken a piece so critiques are very welcome :)     

Replies

• akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akiratang polycounter lvl 11
    The detail and anatomy look pretty spot on for me . 

Is he gonna be low poly'ed and textured?
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I'd suggest breaking the symmetry in a few places. Like the big veins on his legs shouldn't be exactly the same. Little tweaks to the abs.Some toes sitting lopsided or bent. Then, if you take the move brush really large and just make the smallest little adjustments on a large scale -- like make him slouch just a little with one shoulder -- I think our eyes pick up these slight deviations and it makes it feel different. There is beauty in symmetry, but I don't think this guy is meant to be beautiful at all. :)

Might also consider softening his forms somewhat. Give a sense that he has thick, leathery skin, maybe a little fat in some places -- this may help it feel even more believable. 
  • artofjuanvilleda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @akiratang thanks man!! i'm thinking about it but not quite sure yet haha 

• artofjuanvilleda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @BIGTIMEMASTER ahhh man you're right definately isn't supposed to be beautiful! i'll try to break up the forms and add variations since i see now i went a bit too far wwith the anatomy and ended up with 0% body fat lol i appreciate the feedback!! :smile: