Home Technical Talk

[Blender] Non destructive workflow for props to my toon characters package ?

rafastrip
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
rafastrip polycounter lvl 4
Hi everyone I would like to realase for free some characters (lowpoly) for advernture game or lowpoly rts game for fun, practice and who knows... start to sell .  

I would like to know some things , to use as the best way,  Modular way and non destructive.

Relation between characters and props :smile:

only characters animations such as : (idle,idle02, run, run, alertSt, stop, attack01, attack02, attarck-Wrange, AttackNrange, death01,death02)  must be independient from object (props) ?? those could be attached for Programming purpose **

** Programming purpose  , in the game engine  (Unity X or Unreal X)  the  characters   can pick a shield,  can pick a sword , gathering resources from the ground with a wooden bucket  XD .  In other words,   my characters have got some props for the role and behaviour in the game , my games defines the role and the behaviour of my characters (class warrior , class peon , bla bla) ... if my character is "idle" state,  probably , I mean probably Probably once more I said... he does not need any weapon if the statement  is false e.g  , but.. if the statement is true  cause  a sight of enemies arrive , the behaviour change ,  an axe, knife , rope or whatever, is part of my character... (long explanation sorry ).

so ... should I need to crate different props for differents stage of situations ... and may change those one as separate objects ?  

what happen if I want to change a custom clothe such as helmet or weapon from my character in the engine ? ... the same thing... I need to use a separate object .

what is the best and cheap way ? bake animation from props and those animations include them in fbx files as respective objects in my projects and use them to attach or link to my characters.  The other way... no make an animation for props and just to parent to a respective's bone from my character ( for example , attach a sword to the bone of the character's hand)? .

thx.