Home Adobe Substance

Expose blending modes

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Veezen polycounter lvl 7
Hi!

I wonder is there any good way to expose all blending modes to Substance Painter?
It seams that some of the generators have blending modes inside like for example "mask editor"

So I made something similar using multi-switch but I'm not satisifed with this and I don't have one variable control on opacity - for each blending mode I need to create opacity variable.

Is there a better way?

Replies

• poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe polycount lvl 666
    Assuming it's coming from a blend node yes. 

Expose the blend mode parameter as an integer 1 drop down list and the opacity as a float1 slider.

You'll need to fill the list in yourself but that's no big deal.

I'm about 90% confident it'll translate to painter correctly 
  • LorasTyrell
    Offline / Send Message
    LorasTyrell polycounter lvl 3
    I'm afraid blend modes can't be exposed, this has been confirmed by the devs. The reason they provided was technical limitations. They also recommend the same approach you have taken with multiple blend nodes. I don't see why you can't share one opacity parameter between all of them though
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop greentooth
    Do anyone know a quick way  of exposing  blend modes  in SDesigner  with actual names of blend modes , not just slider with integers as I usually do .    Copy paste the complete list of modes from somewhere or something ?
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    If you can expose it as an integer slider you can expose it as a drop down and name the entries  
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop greentooth
    poopipe said:
    If you can expose it as an integer slider you can expose it as a drop down and name the entries  

Yeah, i know  , I just wonder is there some non tedious way to do so?  like copy/paste the complete list of those  entries , paste  and associate with blend node I am going to expose?
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd be surprised if you couldn't script it  - the in editor stuff is pretty powerful.