Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Seeking Feedback for Animation

hz32290
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
hz32290 polycounter lvl 8
Hi all, please feel free to review and critique about my animation.

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/7d8806e7862b/

https://syncsketch.com/sketch/0fec3959b939/

edit: updated links. didn't know it was private link previously.

Replies

• Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    we can't see it, it says it's private
  • hz32290
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Archanex hi ya, didn't know bout that. I've updated the link. Please feel free to review it. =D
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think the guy walking is my favorite between the two, they both feel like they're still in stepped. One thing that stood out to me is the way the guy is holding the book though, it feels like his wrists are bent in an unnatural kind of way. Also on the dialogue, what does the cylinder represent and why is she knocking it over? It feels like this is part of a larger scene shown out of context
  • hz32290
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Archanex
    Oh, they felt like they're still in stepped? The one that has dialogue should be splined.

Ah, okay. I didn't realise. I tried to imagine like being very focus in reading the book and bring it up closer to his face, also tuck in his arm a little bit more than usual. And this animation is stepped, I thought it looked a little bit stylish, almost like a 2D animation. 

For the dialogue part, that's all I have for context. It's part of the art test, and the company sent me that dialogue line and asked me to do an art test with it. "So far, it kinda blows." I added in the knocking part just to emphasize the disappointment, like, "gah, this sucks.", if you catch my meaning. 
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    personally I think I'd remove the cylinder, it's raising questions and not adding anything to the scene. I think it's fine to have the book up close to his face, but the angle that you have the wrist bent at feels awkward/uncomfortable, maybe have him grip the book from the bottom instead of the sides? Or just keep it the way you have it and try and find a more natural looking wrist pose
  • L0Lock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    L0Lock polycounter lvl 2
    Yo, I added a few comments too. Great job.