Home Technical Talk

wacom cintiq pro 16" - wavy/wobbly lines issues solved ?

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
SnowInChina interpolator
hey,
question to anyone owning a cintiq pro 16" or 24"
are the issues with the wavy or wobbly lines solved, or still there ?
i read some stuff about that and watched some videos, but wasn't really sure because it just looked as if they drew the lines faster and the wobbles weren't that obvious
i would love to upgrade to QHD resolution so i can finally mirror my second screen to the cintiq instead of using my 13" as a third screen and always need to drag all programs over to it

are there any other issues to be aware of ?

Replies

• zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    From my experience with 24 QHD i had the problem initially but a software update came through and fixed that issue. There was some thing going on with the calibration of the display desyncing after your machine turning off. I haven't had the issue in quite some time personally. I have seen others where the same thing happened where a software and driver update fixed the issue.

There was also a driver change some time ago between Windows drivers where the issue was occuring in Driver 6.3.2 and later being fixed in 6.3.6

Also the other thing I have seen in regards to these tablets is the nonsense with the double click circle, messing people up. My fix for that is just turning it off in the individual app settings using the Wacom Control Panel. 
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    I'm not a Cintiq user but I have experienced a consistent wobble at the apex of quick strokes performed on my two Intuos 5/Pro tablets (one a model from 2013, the other bought in 2015) - one connected to a Windows box, the other to a Mac.
    Fixing that wobble was simple enough - I bought a new Mac!

Will get back with an update once I have acquired a new PC as well. ;) So, yes drivers - annoying! Off to play with different versions...

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Gonna look into this.  I have a Cintiq Pro 16, but don't visibly remember any wobbliness, but I rarely do line work.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    It's been a fairly common issue with Photoshop for many years and is the primary reason that lazy nezumi exists. it usually makes it's presence felt if you're trying to draw precise lines slowly. 

Google will reveal many complaints if you search, 

other packages (eg. manga studio/clip studio and sketchbook ) don't have the issue and i've not seen it with my cheap knockoff cintiq