Home Marmoset

Maya to Marmoset animation not looping !???

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hi folks,

So I have a character with a looping idle animation within Maya, but in Marmoset is doesn't loop.
It does only seem to loop when i enlarge the timeline length with a big proportion, but the problem is that it will reach the end of the timeline anyway and from that point on wont combine with the beginning, so instead I want the timeline to fit the animation. The thing is that I want the timeline to only loop once my animation because I want it to be correct and short for a video render. BTW, I never resized the timeline before.

Can anyone please help me out with this?
There doesn't seem to be a correct answer on any forum I can possibly think of.

Kind regards,
Tristan

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For a looping animation, make sure your timeline length matches the animation length you're using in Maya. For instance, if you have a 30 frame animation, set the timeline start to frame 1, and the end to frame 30. You can do this by dragging the ends of timeline slider (the bar along the bottom of the Timeline editor), or by entering 1 and 30 into the start and end boxes respectively (above the slider). The UI for this is very similar to Maya's. Once you have the loop set up, you can click the scissors icon to trim the timeline to this length as well.

If you have multiple loops, you can set up animation sets in the file reference object properties. More on that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygBYUyIVd6Q