Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Feudal Japan Game Level Art Challenge Entry

Hey everyone, 
I have been lurking this site for years now. Thought I'd share some of the work I am working on. This is my entry for the Artstation Game Level Art Challenge. I am attaching some of the work I have done so far. All critique is appreciated :smiley:
I highly appreciate critique since this is only my second piece of environment I have ever made :dizzy:

Good luck to everyone who is participating!

I am making a 'Zen Garden' scene from the 16th century. The emperor keeps the only 'Dragon's heart' in his private garden. The Dragon's heart is an extremely rare flowering plant whose nectar is said to grant life and heals all sickness. The emperor keeps the plant to himself and does not share it with anyone but his family.  Contrary to other plants, it does not require sunlight at all to grow. It only requires water and room temperature as it is sensitive to both heat and moisture.

Artstation Link:
https://www.artstation.com/contests/feudal-japan/challenges/51/submissions/34925

Material Shots for Painted Red Wood from ref:

Shot 2: 

Material Render View:
Made in Substance Designer

Some of the modular assets so far:
Textures are not final. Will polish them as I go along.

Roof Asset Modular:

The roof asset 1/4 of the entire roof. Forgot to include a connecting design piece on top :cold_sweat: . Will do that during the polishing phase.

Material and color reference sheet:

Initial Blockout:
Have updated and moved quite further away from this. As written in the description, the building is closed on 3/4 sides now.