Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Dragonstone's Painted Table Room

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
HixaLupa triangle
HI there PolyCount! I'm a 2nd year Games student at UoH finally posting some of my work!
My other works are on artstation here https://www.artstation.com/hixalupa but for now let me show you my progress on the Painted Table chamber of Dragonstone from the Book&TV Show Game of Thrones!

Firstly here is all my reference:

And here's a bunch of UE4 screenshots of the environment

Thanks for looking! Next up is the burning logs in the fire!

Replies

• HixaLupa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    Here are the logs burning in the grate
    And the raw logs piled beside it

Crit welcome please let me know what looks good and what needs work!
  • HixaLupa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    Here's the stone flag texture I made in Designer, this was it roughly applied to the whole room as an initial scale and tessellation test.

This is the substance graph and textures

I then made a smooth version to put on the door mantles and the steps at the front of the room which you can see in these screenshots

And this is some areas where I vertex painted dirt over the top. If anyone has a good reliable way of doing this please give me a shout because it was problematic to do.

More updates on the way! Crit is welcome in the mean time! :)
  • HixaLupa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    My next move was making the 2 types of chairs that are visible in my mood board, a simple chair and one with more detail and worked wood. I started by making alphas in photoshop so I could add height detail in Substance Painter.

And this is what the chairs look like in engine

• HixaLupa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    With this addition I'm up to speed on progress again with 4 days to go until I have to submit! I've spent several days Zbrushing the stone walls so here's a look at that

These show the fireplace and stairs

I did make a very simple rock texture again in Designer but so far there is a problem baking in Painter so I'm in a muddle with that currently, so may have to use that instead of a nice Painter one. With that on hold I started on the Dragon Wall Mural, and have made good progress on the head and mapped out key features of the body.

Be back soon hopefully with the finished room!
  • HixaLupa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    Moved onto the wings now, having to go more quickly than I'd like.

• HixaLupa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    The dragon is now finished, I'll be adding noise in Zbrush to the hi-poly mesh to make it look rocky

• HixaLupa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    Today's the deadline! Managed to finish everything (99% anyway) so here's some UE4 screenshots of the finished room!

The Fireplace (tweaked from the UE4 fire preset)
    The drinks table, I will soon add the fancy wine jug as I didn't get round to it sadly.

I'll post some solo asset renders in time, if you've been following this tho thank you hope you liked it!
  • HixaLupa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HixaLupa triangle
    Hello again, I'm overjoyed to say that my room is Pic of the Day on the Epic Games Launcher!