Home Marmoset

How to bake Complete Lighting in marmoset

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
sergio polycounter lvl 7

"Complete Lighting"

"The Complete Lighting output bakes the material colors, diffuse lighting, shadows, and specular reflections from your scene. The material properties are defined by the material(s) applied to the high poly mesh(es)."

I want do bake (combine) all PBR textures that i painted on SP, to just one texture.
I download the trial version, but dont work. Are this feature broken?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Complete Lighting output should be working as expected. Can you provide more details about the specific problem you're having?

From the screenshot above it appears that both the high and low poly meshes are visible, so make sure to turn the high poly visibility off or look at the output image when reviewing bakes.
  • sergio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sergio polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks you solve my problem, but another problem occours in the shadows (hard shadows).

Is possible to add the normals and environment reflexion to the Complete Lighting baking, like in the viewport?
    Blender baking tool has an option to combine all maps to one, like this (but is very very slow).

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Sergio,

Thanks for the report. I looked into this problem here and it looks like the normal map for the high poly material is not taken into account for the lighting bakes. This is something that we could potentially add in a future version.
  • Oleaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oleaf polycounter lvl 2
    Help! 
    Have the same problem - after baking light i get only diffuse texture without a shadows or light. When i am disabling visibility of highpoly model (whicj i dont have, just using lowpoly as hp), it gives me a black color texture
  • Arthaven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arthaven polycounter lvl 8
    Hey @Oleaf ,

Can you make sure you are using Toolbag 307 and also that if you have your "high poly" meshes hidden that "Use Hidden Meshes" is checked in the Geometry Tab of the Baker. You can do a test bake of this by using our Bake Widget example file. Share a screenshot that shows the entire UI, Baker, Scene Items and the preview of your map bake. Thanks!
  • V01D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Similarly this is a blocker for me. Using complete mapping for this lowpoly PBR textured model:
    The material does not bake correctly, and I get a very flat result for the lighting pass:

Would love to see normal maps taken into account for complete lighting bakes
  • Mehran Khan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mehran Khan polycounter lvl 9
    dunno about marmo , I dont use it to bake stuff, but in substance painter you can simply use a snapshot of the 2d window in material mode. So if those textures you are working with are coming from SP, than just ditch marmo and export it from there.
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumblebee polycounter lvl 3
    In painter you cant manually add lights. Is it possible to bake with the normal maps now being consideres in the lighting bake? Any word from marmo?