Home Unreal Engine

Node Editor question?

ChrisLambert
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
ChrisLambert polycounter lvl 5
Hello all,

Very newbie question, but I've double clicked on a Material Instance, and it's taken me to a big material sphere with some parameters to the right. How do I get to the node editor for this material?  Can you only edit nodes for a Material and not a Material Instance?

It's a material from Megascans that I exported using their Bridge into UE4.
Do I maybe have to create my own new Material using the maps that got imported from the Instance?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Replies

• sprunghunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sprunghunt polycounter
    Hello all,

Very newbie question, but I've double clicked on a Material Instance, and it's taken me to a big material sphere with some parameters to the right. How do I get to the node editor for this material?  Can you only edit nodes for a Material and not a Material Instance?

It's a material from Megascans that I exported using their Bridge into UE4.
    Do I maybe have to create my own new Material using the maps that got imported from the Instance?

Thanks for any help in advance!
    Yes material instances aren't editable. They're copies of a material but with different input parameters.
  • rexo12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 interpolator
    you can, however, navigate to the parent material (if bridge makes them... it might not for weird copyright reasons) from the instance parameter panel.