Home Marmoset

hair render white dots particles

node
Hello

I am having some problems rendering hair, even when i switch the DPI to high res theres particles or small white dots goes through the hair which makes it looks crusty specially on edges, i tried reducing all gloss which made it better but still not there, the model doesnt have alpha but hair albedo texture and normal only, i set alphas to albedo to make hair transparent but couldnt figure how to fix the particles, i also found a hair environment texture with the files thought this would help figuring out how to solve the issue

Thank you and happy rendering!!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    When using dithered blending (which is best for hair) you will see some noise in the viewport. This is perfectly normal. When rendering out images, you can turn up the number of samples (in capture settings, ctrl+p) to reduce noise.

Changing the viewport resolution setting (in the render options) can help reduce noise in the viewport, but does not affect the final render image quality and will make the viewport rendering much slower.
  • OtakuRuki
    When using dithered blending (which is best for hair) you will see some noise in the viewport. This is perfectly normal. When rendering out images, you can turn up the number of samples (in capture settings, ctrl+p) to reduce noise.

Changing the viewport resolution setting (in the render options) can help reduce noise in the viewport, but does not affect the final render image quality and will make the viewport rendering much slower.
    Thank you so much for your reply, i did followed the steps and it did helped a lot !!! really thank you, but the results still doesnt look as good as the actual hair which was rendered perfectly in real time in another software, but it looks kinda pale in marmoset, is there a way to fix them ?

thank you 
  • EarthQuake
    It's hard to say without seeing the problem. If you can post a screenshot with the result you're getting along with your material settings I may be able to give further advice.