Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Exorcist : Legion VR - Chapter 4 Morgue

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Anth polycounter lvl 3
Hello Polycount,

Recently I just uploaded my first post of professional work I done at Wolf & Wood. Here I worked alongside my creative director to create the majority of the artwork for this game. Since we are only a  small 5 man  I am the only Artist. Quite a lot of pressure for a Junior but with the help of everything I learned from this website we managed to get all environments looking gritty and feeling eerie. All whilst running in VR. 

This game is now fully launched on PSVR, Oculus and Steam if anyone has a VR headset and is interested!

However, I am here to share with you my first post of some of the work i've made.

This scene is Chapter 4 - Morgue. More to come as soon as I manage to take more screenshots!

Any feedback is welcome, all screenshots are taken within Unity.

Thanks everyone on this website for helping me get into this position, many of you helped without even knowing!

FULL POST HERE: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/2vlav

Anth 
Wolf & Wood

Replies

• AutoExit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AutoExit polycounter lvl 9
    In some places it maybe looks too dark. You have done a great work on telling a story using the scene.
  • blueblur22
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blueblur22 polycounter lvl 5
    Very creepy. The first screenshot is my favorite as it makes me want to know more about the scene/context. I also really like the attention to detail on the shadow work too.

However I do agree, the scenes are a bit too dark and could use some kind of contrasting element in them. Something like a flashlight on the ground or a desk lamp. I also think the scenes would look a bit more interesting with a few floating dust particles in the air too, which would really sell the filthy nature of the rooms.
  • Anth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anth polycounter lvl 3
    @blueblur22
    @AutoExit

Agreed these screenshots are very dark. (Even for a horror game). However, everything is a little brighter in a VR headset so that's why its slightly darker than it should be. Maybe I should take these into Photoshop and play with the contrast. 

I also love the idea of dust particles, shame its post-launch. Maybe it might of affected the performance as I know some places it was tight. However, I'd be tempting to create one and take a few more screenshots.