Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hunter WIP

PitelinM
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
PitelinM polycounter lvl 8
Hey everybody. I recently started working on my new character and wanted to share some progress with you guys. There is still much work left to do, I would appreciate any critique or suggestions. I will try to post updates frequently. Hope you like it! Thanks!

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    What does he hunt?
  • carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    You should check form of his triceps one more time and maybe width of his mouth and nose

• Sleem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sleem polycounter lvl 3
    This is amazing!! I love the hood. Does he have a backstory?
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
  • PitelinM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should check form of his triceps one more time and maybe width of his mouth and nose

Looked good for me, but now that you noticed it, It started to look not right for me too. Thanks! 
    Sleem said:
    This is amazing!! I love the hood. Does he have a backstory?
    Thanks! He does, but nothing to write home about.
    Maxilator said:
    Looks great!
    Thanks man!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    This is a great start, nice details. The head looks a bit big to me? Soles of the feet could maybe use some flattening out as well. Apart from that keep going!
  • dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Damn he's coming along really nicely, @PitelinM!

I think he could use a little more interest up where his face and hood are. This might be something you haven't gotten around to yet, but he doesn't have anything too eye-catching up at his head (while he has some fantastic attention and detail with his outfit and arms). 

I really wanna see where you can take this guy, so I'm looking forward to those future updates. Great start to the character!
  • ZNP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZNP polycounter lvl 7
    Super cool character! Loved the clothes and the details in the props! Could you write a bit about your workflow?
  • polygons
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polygons polycounter lvl 4
    Looking great!

• PitelinM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn he's coming along really nicely, @PitelinM!

I think he could use a little more interest up where his face and hood are. This might be something you haven't gotten around to yet, but he doesn't have anything too eye-catching up at his head (while he has some fantastic attention and detail with his outfit and arms). 

I really wanna see where you can take this guy, so I'm looking forward to those future updates. Great start to the character!
    Yeah, agree with you about the hood, My intend is to cheat a bit and add some wear and tear to it on texturing stage. Hope it will look fine in the final renders.
    Torch said:
    This is a great start, nice details. The head looks a bit big to me? Soles of the feet could maybe use some flattening out as well. Apart from that keep going!
    Hey. Thanks! Not sure about the head, I started with base body, and when naked it looked fine to me, but I'll look into it. Also, his shoes were kinda a placeholder, I already changed in. Check it out: 

ZNP said:
    Super cool character! Loved the clothes and the details in the props! Could you write a bit about your workflow?

Thanks man! What exactly are you interested about? Base for cloth was done in Marvelous Designer. I preserved and transferred UV, so I can use leather displacement as noise in Zbrush's viewport. Belts and other parts were unwrapped manually and then I add some patterns in Zbrush as displacement.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I've been busy lately, but I actually finished HP and LP. 

Also, got him some facial hair: 

Will be posting final renders soon. Thanks for kind words and feedback guys! 
  • akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akiratang polycounter lvl 11
    Looking really good so far!
    I haven't used MD much really but from I seen it makes a really dense tri mesh when exporting. If you dont mind sharing your workflow how did you retopologise the cloth easily? Also how did you make that cool beard :)
    Thanks!
  • PitelinM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akiratang said:
    I haven't used MD much really but from I seen it makes a really dense tri mesh when exporting. If you dont mind sharing your workflow how did you retopologise the cloth easily? Also how did you make that cool beard :)
    Thanks!
    Thanks! You shout really try MD. I thinks its a must in current gen workflow. As for topology and UVs, check out this tutorial by flipped normals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFAfqW0Zlqk&t=710s 
    In the end you will get great topology with perfect UVs. You can even use this as a base for your retopo. 
    And beard is just cards with transparency. You can find a lot of tutorials out there, but most helpful would probably be one by Adam Skutt https://www.artstation.com/artwork/02anK
  • akiratang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    akiratang polycounter lvl 11
    PitelinM said:
    akiratang said:
    Thanks!
    Thanks! You shout really try MD. I thinks its a must in current gen workflow. As for topology and UVs, check out this tutorial by flipped normals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFAfqW0Zlqk&t=710s 
    In the end you will get great topology with perfect UVs. You can even use this as a base for your retopo. 
    And beard is just cards with transparency. You can find a lot of tutorials out there, but most helpful would probably be one by Adam Skutt https://www.artstation.com/artwork/02anK
    Wow nice , thanks for the MD vid. That really opened up my mind to the possibilities !
  • PitelinM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys. Check out final images
    Thanks everybody for the support! If you like it, you can find more pics on my artstation page here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rRAwEE