Home Freelance Job Postings

Realistic Macaque 3D Character

Offline / Send Message
Pinned

Hi all!  

I'm from a neuroscience lab at Western University (in London Ontario, Canada) currently investigating social cognition of gaze in non-human primates. For this purpose we are using avatars of rhesus macaques (species name: Macaca Mulatta) in our experiments to look at various behaviour. 

Currently we are purchasing 3d avatar characters online from 3d online store but are very interested in working with a talented artist. The artist would be given the task of making realistic rhesus macaque characters in addition to completing textures, rigging and etc that we would use in our experiments through importing it into the software Blender. Therefore it would be a complete character design + some animating.

This is a paid contract and the amount can be discussed. We will also like to discuss the intellectual property rights for the finished products as we would like to have an open source approach to hopefully encourage other labs use this product as well. None of the use will be in a commercial setting.

Below i've attached an example model that we would be interested to use in terms of textural detail and realistic quality. 

https://github.com/MonkeyGone2Heaven/MacaqueBlender

If anyone is interested in this work please contact me with a link to your portfolio as soon as possible as we would like to get this project going as soon as we can. Artists who have more experience in organic modelling of characters are preferred but we would love to hear from everyone!

We are located in London Ontario Canada but would also be interested in working with individuals remotely. 

Please let me know if any other information is required. 

I can be reached anytime at this email address and looking forward to hearing from you all! 

Thank you for your time, 

Best

Borna

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for posting here, and welcome!

The normal way for artists to contact you is via the Private Messaging system. You can setup your profile to notify you via email when you get messages.

If you would prefer direct emails, you'll need to share your email address in a reply here. We do not expose email addresses in profiles, so no one can see your email, unless you post it publicly.