Home Technical Talk

How to bake multiple uv maps at once?

Zbrushdude
null
Hello, i have a model in zbrush that has multiple subtools (like eyes for instance). Those multiple subtools each have their own uv map i think. I would like to bake normal map for each part separately so that i can have better looking model in the end.

Im kinda noob and i dont know what iam doing but do i have to export every single subtool out as high and low poly object, then go to xNormals or Marmoset for the normal map baking. And then somehow put the model back together in somewhere like blender?

Or am i doing anything wise at all :D? I can bake a normal map to some simple model but when it comes to multiple parts within a whole object iam lost.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me in right direction.

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    Yep, you got it. 

All you have to do to get all the pieces together in blender is import them into a scene, then you can put them into a group or whatever you want. 

If you are baking in Marmoset Toolbag, you will get a texture per material. So if you have the same material applied to say, the eyes and the feet, you need to make sure the UV's aren't overlapping, otherwise apply a different material. 

• Zbrushdude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zbrushdude null
    Yep, you got it. 

All you have to do to get all the pieces together in blender is import them into a scene, then you can put them into a group or whatever you want. 

If you are baking in Marmoset Toolbag, you will get a texture per material. So if you have the same material applied to say, the eyes and the feet, you need to make sure the UV's aren't overlapping, otherwise apply a different material.