Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

How to draw - mirroring tilted planes

I've recently purchased Scott Robertson's How to Draw and I want to make sure I understand this section on page 36 correctly before I move on so it doesn't bite me later. The part that I'm unsure of is creating the plane to be mirrored and the mirror plane relative to each other. My understanding is that in step one, you make a plane pointing towards a vanishing point that will act as the plane to be mirrored, then a second plane is created pointing to a different vanishing point. 

So in my example you can see that I've set up my plane to be mirrored to point to rvp 1, and the mirror plane points to rvp 2. and I've tried to find the intersection using the lvp. Is this how it's done? Because I've actually had an easier time starting with the mirror plane like the following example. 

Do you guys think this works as far as constructing the planes? Or is there some reason that this doesn't work that I'm missing? PS I do the exercises with pen and paper, but I figured this would be easier than taking photos of my sketchbook :P 

Replies