Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hydra Car

triangle
Offline / Send Message
ksarvas triangle
Hey Polycount!

I forgot to post this earlier, but here's another piece I made during a texturing class at Gnomon. I was responsible for Texturing, Lighting, and Rendering. The original car model was provided by the very talented and amazing teacher Christophe Desse.

Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions for getting better results.

Here's a link to some more views of the car:

Replies

• kierangoodson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kierangoodson polycounter lvl 3
    Hi @ksarvas !

A couple small details I noticed were:

1. If the car is as dirty as it is, an equally muddy or more natural environment may have matched the car even further - a head nod to where it gained its new muddy coat perhaps?

2. The tires are super muddy and have clearly seen some life! Maybe a couple of stones stuck in the tread or a bit of wearing down on the tires would see this skyrocket even further.

However,

The texturing is very good and I can't fault you for it at all. It looks incredibly realistic! I love the red carpet leading our eyes down to the car and ties in with the Hydra theme very well. I think the composition is great and the lighting is subtle and working nicely. This is really awesome work and you should be very proud man!
  • ksarvas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ksarvas triangle
    Thanks for the crit  @kierangoodson!

I see what you mean by both points and should make sure everything in a scene is integrated well and telling the story as clearly as possible. Thanks for the kind words too, I definitely worked hard on this one.
  • shogunato
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shogunato polycounter lvl 12
    Looks really good man, good job, but it seems tires are in the wrong way :p