Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Strix Division Fortress VTOL

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Rmlambert polycounter lvl 4
Hey Polycount, 

Long time no see! The last time I was here I was making a ship, (it originally began as a VTOL but due to critique the direction changed) this time I stayed more true to its original intention :)

The idea with this one was that, it was designed to enter the battlefield in the most difficult of situations be it vicious weather or under direct fire, and drop off or Evac troops in the most complicated of places. The front is heavily Armored with no access or windows to the pilots, The pilots sees through an array of camera's allowing them to fly directly into the direction of fire head first. This version has no weapons as it is built strictly for transportation to and from the designated target. There are also private civilian ones for a price.

All critique is welcome as I'm looking to improve! and any questions feel free to ask :) Thanks for taking a look!

This was all SubD Modelled in Maya and Rendered in Keyshot

For anyone wondering about scale, 

Super secret Owl
Nerd fact: Strix is a genus of Owl, i like owls, hence the strix division assigned to some of my projects and this is the figure that shows when the hdri is turned off in the render just above it, the lights of the ship and lasers form this.

Replies