Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Sci-fi Scene - "Perfect Life" - Star Citizen Inspired

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
lloydj14 polycounter lvl 6
Hello,

Been a long time since  I've posted on here but I'm flying back into my 3D stuff and thought I should get it on here as its the best place to get honest feedback.

So this is my next scene a Star Citizen Inspire Scene and for the first time, not an attempt to directly recreate someone's concept art

Still very blocky slowly going through props and elements/areas and trying to tick them off one by one.
Temporarily removed the foliage so it wasn't distracting as I want the scene to work and read well first without 

References: I used PureRef Board and saved it so it quite large even as a JPEG a bit under 10mb https://imgur.com/cs8xL2E

Please any feedback is greatly appreciated as I need it all so I can improve and grow

Thanks for taking the time.

LloydJ

Replies

• lloydj14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some of the elements that I have made so far:

High Poly Sofa Sculpt -  Next to retopo and get it into games.

And also trying out a way to get some nice looking foliage without too much effort and but have more control than B2M.

Here the sculpt of some test leaves/plant using the method in this article https://80.lv/articles/tutorial-generating-leaves-in-zbrush/
    then I took it into SP to create the roughness and make some minor adjustments

And this is it in UE4

• lloydj14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So forgot to post any updates here. But I'm approaching the end I'm looking for any last bits of feedback so I can get this finished and move onto my next project. 

I'm not sure what do with desk area or just leave it out and just stick to the first 2/3 images.

Looking forward to hearing you thoughts on it.

Lloyd
  • lloydj14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So quickly post up my moss material before my scene update. really happy with how this turned out for just a few hours work. These renders are from substance designer

• lloydj14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So calling this scene done for now. I like the idea of coming back to this at some point and making a non-destroyed version.
    Not many changes to the overall scene. Changed the moss texture to the one above and added dirt to the vertex blend for the ground.

Renders out of UE4 of the scene and some of the main material spheres

Render of the toy box showing the POM mesh decals to do the lines and details

Any feedback is still appreciated at this point as i'll take it into my new pieces. Thank you in advance and stay safe.
    Lloyd