Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] [Env.] five more minutes

hey guys, I recently finished a piece that started with a friend asking me to make a background for his new mix he was working on, here is a little bit about it:

I had a image on my head by listening to his music on the feel I wanted to translate, so upon researching a bit I found that photo, that inspired me to make this great concept

I have been working on it on my spare time for quite a wile, so you can kinda see from the gif the moments I would jump in with a new idea and get further and further from the original concept, but I think it was for the best.

and here are the final shot, with no rain

I also had some spare time wile waiting for my friend to do the final touches on his track, so I played around with making other times of day, for fun, I dont think the composition works as well since the image was built around the idea of the bright lights, but it was a good exercise..
some props rendered on marmoset:

and here is a little breakdown on how the ground was built:

basically on atlas and a couple of decals for the the whole ground, I actually modeled the ground from cubes on MODO and did the sculpting job inside substance painter, really fun workflow, and a lot faster than bringing zbrush just to do some simple wear on the edges.

I wish I had more to share, but I honestly cant think on anything. If you have any suggestion, feedback or questions, I am all ears :D

I hope you like it.

Replies