Pinned
JeremyYLShum polycounter lvl 5

Critique appreciated 

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
    I'm not an animator, but I've flipped a lot of tires. I don't think your animation is wrong at all, but it suggest a tire that isn't so heavy. Reason is because the initial movements are made not by the characters pulling back and legs, but with the arms. When the weight gets heavy, you simply cannot budge it with the arms. All the power is in the deadlifting motion of the back and legs. It is the same essential movement as a deadlift. THe arms only act like hooks hanging on chains. They simply follow, and don't come into action until that last, topple-over push. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pBn0xK_Y1g
  • BrandonBerryCG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrandonBerryCG polycounter lvl 6
    I apologize in advance for the rushed advice.

Your feet are too floaty to imply weight. When you are under a full body load, the last thing you want is to stand on one leg longer than needed to take a step, otherwise its hard to maintain balance. Try quickening up those feet plants and break some tangents. Also you could try lowering the hips or contracting the body slightly right before the effort begins to imply the full body tensing of muscles. However in the reference posted earlier i cant see the hips drop that much, so I could be incorrect on that point. 
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    careful with your spacing, your spacing is relatively tight all the way up till about 9 seconds, and then it feels like the tire suddenly gets a lot lighter. you want the tired to feel consistently heavy throughout