Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Halloween Asset Pack

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Olenka polycounter lvl 4
Hello there ! 

I'm so happy to have a bit of motivation back, so I started to make a Halloween themed asset pack :)*spooky music playing in the background*

I will post in this thread the assets I am making, feel free to make some assets suggestions and technical feedback :) 

I aim to sell this on various stores ( cubebrush, unreal marketplace, ... ). I don't know precisely where I am going with this pack, But I want it to be easy to use. 

I started with some twisted trees :
twistedtree01

twistedtree02

I couldn't resist putting them in an engine 

in the darkness of the forest you can hear some skelettons dooting

Also : I made the first tree topology by hand, and used a decimation for the second one. Do you think it does make a big difference? Is it better to have a handmade retopology to do the differents LODs ? I also plan on making some vertex painting at the end of the branches for thoses who wants to use a wind shade. Do you think it is a good idea ? 

Thank you and good evening !

*doot*

List of upcoming assets : 

- Trees (2)
- Pumpkins (2)
- Graves (2)
- Graveyard grid (1) and gate (1)
- Root (1)
- Brambles (1)

Replies

• GravityBwlast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GravityBwlast interpolator
    Nice job on the tree shapes, got me spooked.
    Would be nice to see some pumpkins and tombstones there as well. :)
  • Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Really good idea!! Love it so far; i guess you will need a loads of graves too..

For the topology, difficult to judge with the screens you showed (way too dark)
  • Olenka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olenka polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks you two! I'm addind those on the list.

For the topology here are a shot (I hope its readable) :

As I said I don't plan on animate them, so I guess it would be smarter to just decimate my objects. ^^
  • Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Yeah seeing the result, both looks ok and decimate save you a lot of time!!

The only problem i bumped in when doing that was the UV cuts that get tricky and not really clean, but for the rest i think it's all good :) better find a way to hide these seams when texturing with painter or smthing tho
  • Olenka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olenka polycounter lvl 4
    Yeah that's quite tricky. I hope it won't be too visible in the final result !

I was working today so I only had the time to make a simple pumpkin sculpt, I will add some details later in the normal map :) 

• Olenka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olenka polycounter lvl 4
    Hey everyone ! Two new assets , a bad boy and a tombstone that I haven't baked yet because I was playing rusty lake : roots.

What do you think about the tombstone shape ? Should I stylize it more ? I'm not sure what to do .

Cheers !
  • Narayden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Narayden null
    Girl, that's great! I like the shapes given to the tombstone (I would have liked to see a little extra bevel inside).  Your modeling and sculpture are top. I like the sharp side ♥
    Keeping the same ghostly spirit and Tim Burton style, you should make a lost ghost, a lost soul that walks around with a chain on its foot, a weight and maybe a lantern? (Maybe animated and rigged by Elise Mathez :smile:)

Keep it up like that!