Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Magni Bronzebeard Royal Griffin

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Baiano22 polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys! I'm relatively new to polycount so I hope I'm doing this right! 

My project is a Fanart of Magni Bronzebeard of the World of Warcraft universe and his royal griffin that I am concepting myself! Magni Bronzebeard is the King of the dwarven kingdom of Khaz Modan, head of the Bronzebeard Clan, and head of the Senate of Ironforge.  And I need every advice and critique as possible! So feel free to make any comment, suggestion, critique, advice!!! 

Tech specs I am aiming for:
2 Sculpts: One of the royal griffin with some armor and another one of the anatomy of the dwarf with his armor sculpt separately.
2k maps: I am going for a hand painted style. seeking to achieve Wow model quality level.
10k - 15k polygons for each one of the models.

What is done until now: 
Gathered some really great references. (Really important for ambitious projects)
Started the sculptures of both models. They need the final touch in anatomy and detail to be finished.

My goals:
Learn the basics of anatomy.
Learn how to sculpt properly with interesting techniques and workflows (Only did two basic sculpts before starting this project)
Improve my hand paint textures
Improve my retopology workflow

I do not have any experiences with rendering, so sorry for the poor quality of the photos on the post!