Home Marmoset

[Advice] best workflow from Substance Designer/Painter...

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
oraeles77 polycounter lvl 4
advice needed please.

I looked at this link...

(and I googled but I couldnt find a clear answer.)

first I simply tried dragging in a .sbsar file from Substance Designer. I read through the documentation, but I was a bit confused and I assume you can drag them in and they are fully compatible.

secondly I tried via Substance Painter exporting with it configured like the link above suggested...

Add the textures to the appropriate channels as shown in the following chart:

Normal sRGB Off Normal

Should the normal be gray??  'sRGB Off' I assume means graycale, is that correct?

Replies

• Shuma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shuma polycounter lvl 9
    I dont know for using your  .SBrar in marmoset.
    But for exporting from Painter, Your Normal map should be a RGB map. Here your output for normal map is just a Grayscale Map (Gr) you need to create a channel with RBG before draging your normal map channel in it.

sRGB off doesn't means grayscale, sRGB a way to represent color so they are correctly displayed on the monitor and seen by the human eye. It is opposed to Linear (No sRGB)  where data are exposed without processing and it better for doing math with it (The 3 channel on your normal map correspond to the 3 vector X,Y,Z to define the surface normal)
    Clic on the  Gear near the image in marmoset to desactived the sRGB color space for your normal
  • oraeles77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 4
    Shuma said:
    I dont know for using your  .SBrar in marmoset.
    But for exporting from Painter, Your Normal map should be a RGB map. Here your output for normal map is just a Grayscale Map (Gr) you need to create a channel with RBG before draging your normal map channel in it.

sRGB off doesn't means grayscale, sRGB a way to represent color so they are correctly displayed on the monitor and seen by the human eye. It is opposed to Linear (No sRGB)  where data are exposed without processing and it better for doing math with it (The 3 channel on your normal map correspond to the 3 vector X,Y,Z to define the surface normal)
    Clic on the  Gear near the image in marmoset to desactived the sRGB color space for your normal

cheers, it would have been nice if allgorhythmic could have made it that clear.