Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) 50 shades of grey, red room

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
medcalfw polycounter lvl 2
One of my university projects this year is to create a room from a TV show book or film so i have chosen the red room from 50 shades of gray, one of the main reasons I have chose to do this room is because nearly everything else has been done and i think it will get peoples attention as its not the most normal thing to model.
Here is what I have so far after a couple of days

Here is the Feedback and my to do list feel free to post and I will add to it and fix it as I go, Thanks  :) .
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bYnd3E7xg5NQvsBLB_lNGseRiEHrIx8fQTKlWxX7pWs

first I took some time to gather reference of the room so that i can have it up constantly while I am working on it

Then I created a first wight box block out to get the layout down

And currently I am refining different assets so they are properly modelled
as well as testing certain techniques for modelling different assets like the hanging rope and walls

Replies

• medcalfw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey been a while but here is an update on the scene so far

this is the floor in substance designer still not finished but it works for now to show in unreal

i'm currently working on the green bed type thing in the corner

• medcalfw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the latest update on the room
    Getting a lot done but I still have a lot to do and I've got 3 weeks to finish it

• Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    "one of the main reasons I have chose to do this room is because nearly everything else has been done and i think it will get peoples attention as its not the most normal thing to model."

Haha really clever choice :p didn't take me a long time before clicking here.

Getting really good so far! Just the floor texture i am not really fond of right now, difficult to read what's the materia exactly, but so it is in real life :s maybe i would desaturate it a bit at least. Keep it up and dont hesitate to do lill lighting test already!
  • NikhilR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NikhilR polycounter
    My recommendation is hire a professional. Excluding the toys and accessories the interior would require specialized fabrics best left installed by professionals. Additionally a unifying theme of tasteful style is hard to do on your own let alone choose which type of king sized bed to get or removable floor mats. 
     As to the toys and accessories they are easily found online or if you're near a major city (population in excess of 100,000 residents) there is usually a specialty shop you can find within traveling distance.
    Best Regards,
    BalaKrishna   Voip Phone
    What?
    I don't think OP is trying to make this room for real, though that might be an option if they swing that way.
    Movie was utter shit but artwork is coming along nicely.
  • Olingova
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Olingova interpolator
    Yup think it's a bot of some sort to lead to click his link :p
  • medcalfw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update incoming

Detail Lighting

• medcalfw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres the latest update updated the lighting to make it more dramatic and interesting, only a few more days to work on it any last minute critiques would be super useful