Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Stylized lowpoly environment of a Floating islands

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Mustafa polycounter lvl 3
So I started working on an environment on unity consist of Stylized lowpoly Floating islands,
as you can see in the pics, I'm working on the first platform, the textures are made in substance designer
and these Rocks are sculpted in zbrush and baked in substance painter, Critiques are welcome^^

Replies

• Mustafa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So here is the work I did today, I have arranged the rocks around the grass and make it looks like a floating platform, and added another platform in the scene:

• zaha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zaha polycounter lvl 5
    Hi!
    Overall nice style, but in my opinion the shapes look a bit too rectangular. I'd give it some more love with the trim brush. ;)
    Also, the texture looks a bit too even. I like the overall color and tone, but those horizontal lines are too perfect. Try to add some variation to the shape, break the lines up with a noise mask or something like that. You could also add some cracks to make it visually more interesting. See here for example.

• Stefmon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stefmon polycounter lvl 7
    Check out the unity toon shader to get a cel-shaded look. May or may not work better with the model/textures. 
  • Mustafa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stefmon said:
    Check out the unity toon shader to get a cel-shaded look. May or may not work better with the model/textures. 
    Thank you Stefmon, but we are not going for a cel-shaded look^^

• Mustafa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zaha said:
    Hi!
    Overall nice style, but in my opinion the shapes look a bit too rectangular. I'd give it some more love with the trim brush. ;)
    Also, the texture looks a bit too even. I like the overall color and tone, but those horizontal lines are too perfect. Try to add some variation to the shape, break the lines up with a noise mask or something like that. You could also add some cracks to make it visually more interesting. See here for example.

Hey Zaha,
    For the shapes, I'm obliged to make it too rectangular for the purposes of the style, But I will try to break up the lines and reduce there opacity,
    I added cracks before and I didn't love it.
    and I appreciate your reply :)