Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Breaking Bad | Walter White's House

Sorai
null
Offline / Send Message
Sorai null

Walter White's house set in a post-apocalyptic game environment.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aKv40

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    There's something about the lighting that still feels too flat.  Like things aren't bouncing enough or something.

• Sorai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorai null
    There's something about the lighting that still feels too flat.  Like things aren't bouncing enough or something.

What would you recommend for an early morning lighting scenario? 
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    The fridge proportions are way off -- it's super wide in your version. I also agree with Brian's comments about the lighting.
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I'd tone down the grime on the fridge a huge amount. It's looking cool otherwise!
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    IMO, I'm not seeing the post apocalyptic part. 

The environment looks mostly the same but with more grunge thrown on everything (but far from being a realistic fashion). 

Definitely gather more references, or post the ones you have in this thread for evaluation. It may sound cliche, but when I think post-apocalypse, I imagine a house that's dilapidated. Furniture would be turned over, windows smashed or boarded up, actual dirt or dust piling up on the ground. 

Or another thing, why would the house lights be turned on? In a post apocalyptic world, there would be no one working the hydro-electric plants to supply the cities with power.

For a more spooky effect, replace the lighting with candle lights or an oil lantern. Who lit them? Maybe a homeless guy who crashed inside.