Home Marmoset

Baker crashes only in one specific scene (SOLVED)

grand marshal polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Alex_J grand marshal polycounter
Hello, 

Latest driver is installed -- I just reinstalled it to be sure. I also am using the latest version of Toolbag.  Here's my machines info:

The problem is this : Every time I try to generate a test bake (or a full bake), windows gives me the thinking icon for about 20-30 seconds and then Toolbag crashes. To be clear, the Toolbag baking progress UI popup does not appear. 

What I've done

1. I extended the TDR delay both manually and using Marmosets Tool. This made no difference, so I reset it to default values. (I followed instructions here, restarting the machine each time.)

2. I tested baking in other scenes with different meshes. No problems. Doesn't seem that the density of the meshes makes any effect whatsoever. I've baked 4k maps from multimillion triangle meshes with ambient occlusion on high ray count settings -- no issue. 

3. So the issue seems to be in the meshes.... I ran clean up in Maya with the low poly mesh. No weird issues there that I can tell. All quads and tri's, not that that really matters. No lamina faces -- everything seems clean and right. I took the high poly back into zbrush and decimated it down as low as I could. Brought both of these back into a clean scene -- still no bueno. 

I'm stumped. Any help is really appreciated guys!  Attached is the Toolbag Scene file zipped.

Replies

• Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It seems inspiration can only strike me after I've asked the internet for help....

Issue was a second UV set got created in Maya, and this was borking the bake. Unwanted UV set creation is a problem that has had me pulling my hair on a number of occasions. Be sure to double check your UV sets before export!

The second UV set seems to get created when moving the model into Zbrush and back. Be aware, people. Nobody needs this stress in their life.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It seems inspiration can only strike me after I've asked the internet for help....

Issue was a second UV set got created in Maya, and this was borking the bake. Unwanted UV set creation is a problem that has had me pulling my hair on a number of occasions. Be sure to double check your UV sets before export!

The second UV set seems to get created when moving the model into Zbrush and back. Be aware, people. Nobody needs this stress in their life.
    This is an interesting one, please email support@marmoset.co with example files (.tbscene and meshes) so we can add it to our bug tracking system. Thanks!
  • Alex_J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message