Home Technical Talk

3Ds max 2016 issues with relaxing pelt map!!

node
Hello everyone,

am having issue in stretching my UV map, the tool works fine when i start pelt but relaxing the maps makes it looks un-clean!! it goes worst sometimes where all edges goes overlapping . is it an issue in setting ?
i attached image of how it looks like.

i also have another issue when i work from my cintiq while my laptop lags as hell, but the pelt map menu is bugged and doesnt show me the full options and i cant expand it, probably its due 4k screen resolution but even when i change the resolution it doesnt solve the issue. i've reported the issue to autodesk and in their forums but havn't heard back yet, i even downloaded the 2016 service pack but it havnt solved the issue, i hope someone can help.

thank you 

Replies

• monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    I think Pelt is the old workflow. Try the Quick Peel tool. The Quick Peel tool was updated to Auto Peel for Max 2017.
    Similarly, Max 2017 and newer were updated for 4K monitors by switching many dialogs to the QT UI.

Sorry I can't help more with 2016 specifically. But if you do update I recommend Max 2018 Update 4. Very stable and with all the new 2017 feature.
  • OtakuRuki
    monster said:
    I think Pelt is the old workflow. Try the Quick Peel tool. The Quick Peel tool was updated to Auto Peel for Max 2017.
    Similarly, Max 2017 and newer were updated for 4K monitors by switching many dialogs to the QT UI.

Sorry I can't help more with 2016 specifically. But if you do update I recommend Max 2018 Update 4. Very stable and with all the new 2017 feature.
    thank you so much for reply, i did tried quick peel tool but for some reasons the hand parts was overlapping on each other, i might be doing it the wrong way
  • poopipe
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Pelt is still valid but it's not magic. 

If you cant pelt/reset peel/relax a shell then you need to split it up into smaller bits or add seams in areas where tension is greatest