Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Feedback on troll concept

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Ciril polycounter lvl 5
Hey all you awesome people out there! 

So the challenge was to make a female troll who lives in a fortress( which I interpreted as some kind of "civilized" environment) around ancient greek time and she should have a crossbow. 
While I want to keep the design pretty clear and reduced I struggle to find some interesting cloth/armor. I think this could be approved.
And I´m not quite sure with the pose and it´s perspective.

So feel free to tear it apart. I´m thankful for any constructive feedback! 

Replies

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Do you have early silhouette drawing or other sketches of this girl, like poses or variation on her body ?
    Why dont you try moving crossbow around like maybe on her shoulder or next to her leg , same with bag with arrows maybe on her back or on the far legs , make it more about her and less about stuff she have
  • Ciril
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ciril polycounter lvl 5
    Wow thanks man for the feedback and for taking your time! This is really helpful.
    Well these are the only sketches I made, they are very rough and to be honest I pretty much forgot about the silhoutte as I directly went from sketch to final lineart.

• Ciril
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ciril polycounter lvl 5
    Ok, I decided to rework the whole piece since I wasn´t happy with the pose and the cloth. 
    I saw a pretty cool character concept on artstation which was pretty similar to what my idea of the character was.
    So I "stole" all the things from the concepts I really liked which isn´t the most creative thing but I really learned a few things which is good.

• carvuliero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    carvuliero hero character
    Stronger design for sure but there are still few things that bug me like her right leg is missing kneecap, same leg foot is too forward and too wavy , left hand fingers are looking like tentacles