Home Marmoset

Artifacting happening after trying to bake?

Elarionus
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Elarionus polycounter lvl 3
I've been at this for a while, because whenever I bake something in Painter, it turns out fantastic, but every time I bake in Marmoset, I get these absurd artifacts all across my mesh. I've tried adjusting the offsets, but I cannot figure out what's wrong with it.

You'll have to forgive my poorly packed UVs. This is my third attempt on this variation, which is my 4th attempt...13 lightsabers modeled in the past 2 days trying to get this bake to work right, and I'm just getting very frustrated and low on time.

Here's the low poly with UV map, the high poly in the same space (next to the UV map), and the bake in Marmoset.

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check to make sure your high and low poly objects have different materials. Depending on which version you're using this may cause recursive bake errors where the normal map get's applied to the high poly material, and that causes the high poly normal data to bake back to the low poly.

This should be resolved in the 3.05 beta, which you can download from the Toolbag User Group if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToolbagUserGroup/

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please email your scene file and low and high poly meshes to support@marmoset.co with a brief description of the problem and we'll look into it.