Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abandoned environment - first env looking for feedback

maiz
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
maiz polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone!
I've recently finished working on my first (small) environment project, and i wanted to get feedback on it.
I wanted to create a contrast between lots of foliage and old machines/objects, and was at the beginning inspired by The Last of Us because i really like the destroyed and abandoned look.
I would really appreciate some feedback.
Thank you in advance.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qdvml

small sketching i did early:

Replies

• Carabiner
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    I don't think it would be very safe to put a lit lantern on top of an oil canister. Probably an OSHA violation :P 

I like your foliage look though! The vines are a bit too regular/even for my taste, maybe mess 'em up a little?
  • maiz
    Offline / Send Message
    maiz polycounter lvl 5
    Carabiner said:
    I don't think it would be very safe to put a lit lantern on top of an oil canister. Probably an OSHA violation :P 

I like your foliage look though! The vines are a bit too regular/even for my taste, maybe mess 'em up a little?
    I thought about the lantern too haha but I just really wanted it there and thought it would be interesting, i put it there dangerously on purpose.
    Thank you! I see what you mean about the vines.
  • RustySpannerz
    Offline / Send Message
    RustySpannerz polycounter lvl 13
    Looks really nice! But where is the light coming from? It doesn't appear to be from the lantern. It makes it look a little off, I think some moody moonlight/lantern light could look really cool! 
  • maiz
    Offline / Send Message
    maiz polycounter lvl 5
    Looks really nice! But where is the light coming from? It doesn't appear to be from the lantern. It makes it look a little off, I think some moody moonlight/lantern light could look really cool! 
    Thank you! Looking at it now i notice it and agree, i wanted to give the scene more warmth and i think i overdid it, also because the scene looked so dark at first. I kinda felt like it's ok to assume there's another source of light that can't be seen cuz i liked the look of it but i'll think about it more thoroughly next time. (and i think i need to improve a little more with Marmoset)