Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Old Black Owl

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Ruflse polycounter lvl 7
Hey everyone, it's been some time since I've last stepped into Polycount and I felt like showing my last artwork, based on the film Kagemusha.

More shots and views:

I wish so badly I could change some parts like the face, but the project was already taking too long between going back and forth so many times and I decided to finish it and move on. 

Here's an early concept I did to have an idea of how the character and his pieces are going to work, even if it's just really simple stuff. It went through a lot of iterations in the end, but the base of the character is still there:

Thanks for watching! The animation and rig were made also by me using Rigify in Blender.

You can see the Marmoset Viewer and some other things in my Arstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/LDvwv

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    The moment he turns his wrist to his combat stance looks the most rigid and the joints seem to rotate unnaturally.  Legs animate like they're a secondary aciton in cohesion with the arms.  The acting with the  "come at me" was a nice touch; I appreciate you're trying to add some specific character to this.
  • Ruflse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruflse polycounter lvl 7
    The moment he turns his wrist to his combat stance looks the most rigid and the joints seem to rotate unnaturally.  Legs animate like they're a secondary aciton in cohesion with the arms.  The acting with the  "come at me" was a nice touch; I appreciate you're trying to add some specific character to this.
    Hey Brian, it's been a long time since you commented in one of my threads. Thanks for the feedback.
    Yeah the animation is not perfect by any means, I did it to test the rig and because I just love seeing my characters move. I will try to learn some animation soon too.