Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Weapon chest opinions and ideas

Hi,everyone! I am a beginner 3D artist and just joined this forum! I would like to hear your opinion on this weapon chest model that i am currently making. It is for a VR project and will obviously store weapons xD. The model is in the animation stage right now and what you see is only the static version of it :). Tools used -> 3Ds Max for modeling,  xNormal and NDO for normal maps and Quixel for the texturing.

^ Concept art.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Edge scratches shouldn't be equally applied on all edges.

Ask oneself if this was being handled on a daily basies, would the surface that's not grinding on the floor receive as much damage as the corner floor edge of the box?

Mechanically the folding plates don't work, especially if there's objects on there.  Rethink how it folds, where the hinges are.  If you need to do a simple test rig to run it, take the time to do that.  Use proxy gun meshes to test it as well.

Externally, it feels overly designed.  Way too many greebles and what are the tubes going to the floor for?  Ventilation?  How hot does it get inside the box?  Does it need climate control?  Is this more just a simple crate with guns in it?
  • vLine_Designs
    Thank you for your feedback! Much appreciated! : )