Home Marmoset

AO map bleeding through separate baking folder groups.

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
FrellingHazmot polycounter lvl 5
I have a couple groups I wish to bake out separately on the same texture set but I'm getting AO projecting onto the other baking groups. Do I have this set up correctly?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It looks like you have the low poly objects separated into different bake groups, but not the high poly objects. Make sure you're splitting the high and low poly objects into matching pairs for the bake groups, and that should resolve the problem.

Using the Quick Loader can save a lot of time as well, simply name your objects accordingly and the Quick Loader will set the bake groups up for you automatically. For instance:

tube_low
    tube_high

This will create a bake group called tube, with your high and low poly meshes assigned. You can find more info on the naming conventions here: https://marmoset.co/posts/toolbag-baking-tutorial/
  • FrellingHazmot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Joe!

Thanks for the response and for making the tutorial! I actually do have the HP set up like in your tutorial but it's still treating it like one bake. Could there be a setting that I might have to adjust?

• FrellingHazmot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its probably something really easy that Im not seeing.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There are two settings that are sort of related but neither should cause this sort of problem. The settings are the Ignore Groups setting in the AO options, this determines whether objects from one group cast AO onto objects from other groups. The other is the Exclude When Ignoring Groups setting in the Low object, when Ignore Groups is on, this allows you to exclude specific bake groups from that pass so that they will not cast or receive AO from other groups.

One think you can check is to make sure your high and low poly objects have different materials. Depending on which version you're using this may cause recursive bake errors where baked maps get applied to the high poly material, and that causes the high poly material data to bake back to the low poly.

This should be resolved in the 3.05 beta, which you can download from the Toolbag User Group if you're interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ToolbagUserGroup/

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please email your scene file and low and high poly meshes to support@marmoset.co with a brief description of the problem and we'll look into it.